Every time my Pottery Barn catalog comes in the mail, I get all sorts of excited. I always look forward to seeing their new bedding sets. I’ve never bought furniture from Pottery Barn though because I feel like I could get similar (or even better) pieces for much less at other places.
So typically, I like to get most of my furniture from Wayfair, Home Goods and IKEA because they have great selections at decent prices. You can also purchase a lot of things from these places without having to break the bank.
For bedding sets, throw pillows and other house accessories, I like to shop pretty much anywhere. I do love Anthropologie because they have really cute knickknacks and household items.
I would like to shop at little cute thrifts and antique stores as well…However, I haven’t found one nearby that I liked yet, but when I do I will make a blog post about it for sure!
Interior design has always been one of my main passions in life. I’ve watched HGTV since I was 17. I have a huge interest in renovating homes. I usually get my inspiration from Pinterest, Houzz and interior design experts Chip & Joanna Gaines from Fixer Upper (love that show)!
If I had to describe my style, I would say that I love mixing both old and new elements. My personal favorite interior design tactic is:
- Choosing light colored, neutral paint colors
- Incorporating both rustic and new furniture pieces
- Adding color to the room with accessories
Below is a photo of my bedroom that I recently upgraded:
- The paint color is very light beige and neutral
- I bought a new white tufted headboard (Wayfair)
- I chose a light gray bedding set (Pottery Barn)
- My mom’s old wooden nightstand gives it a vintage vibe
- To add color into the room, I added the following accessories:
- a pink and gold boho-inspired rug (Wayfair)
- blue and green floral printed pillow shams (Pottery Barn)
- sage green lumbar throw pillow (Home Goods)
- a simple canvas that ties in all the colors together (Wayfair)
- gold and silver speckled lamp (Home Goods)
- coffee mug (Anthropologie)